Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Heaven.

Not a world of silence
Not a world of sound.
It isn't something I'd describe
By using just one noun.
Can ecstasy be measured?
Can pure truth be assured?
This place I've found is not something
difficultly endured.
A feeling I'd cross seas for.
I'd go down on my knees for,
Moments spent within her grace
even as with time my life erase.
Would I battle time itself,
for one more careful grasp?
Destroy all physics, time itself
to stave off my death rasp?
All this and more, would I but do
To have a moment more with you.
To see my love smile wide and true.

There is no world without you here,
No silence and no sound.
It's not something I could describe,
with any numbered noun.

For heaven is not a place, my dear.
It's here, and it is now.
I need my lover's smile
Her oath, and solemn vow:

There is no heaven but with you, my love, and it is here and it is now.

No comments: